Updated on July 18th, 2021
What is a credit score? A credit score is a 3-digit number that allows lenders to determine a potential borrower’s credit risk—the risk they run of not paying back their credit cards or loans. Canadians typically cannot borrow money or receive a credit of any kind unless they have a solid credit score. Canada’s two national credit bureaus, Equifax and TransUnion, create credit scores and credit reports based on the information they receive about each borrower from their lenders.
This article shows you how to get the complete credit report from TransUnion for $1 only with the 7-day trial. If you don’t want to continue their service, just cancel it within seven days of trial period. Cancellation can be either by telephone or online. For only cancellation procedure: How to cancel TransUnion?
This is a soft inquiry, it will not have any impact on the credit score.
Which banks use TransUnion?
American Express, MBNA, Rogers / Fido, Scotiabank, Tangerine, and RBC use TransUnion.
TransUnion registration process
- Registration TransUnion’s credit check service: TransUnion Registration, then press the SHOW ME MY CREDIT SCORE.
- Fill out some basic information, including address, email, phone, date of birth and SIN numbers, etc.. SIN number is optional.
- Enter your credit card number, username and password.
- You will be asked three questions related to your personal credit history, something like in 2016 which credit card did you apply, in 2015 you had worked at a which company and so on. Since more than a heavy credit card to verify the identity, the problem will not be too difficult.
- And then registered a success.
How to cancel TransUnion?
TransUnion keeps the account active until the end of the trial period, even after the cancellation. So there is little reason to cancel the service till the very last meeting as TransUnion doesn’t provide a partial refund.
After seven days is $ 19.95, and not a partial refund, so remember to cancel (in fact, within 1 day, keep a copy of the credit report in detail, it would be sufficient) within seven days. If you want to cancel TransUnion service, you can call 1-800-508-2597 to cancel. Do not want to call, you can cancel online by following these steps:
- Login TransUnion, click https://members.transunion.ca/tucan_en/cancelMembership.page , then press Cancel My Product.
- Then you will receive a confirmation message indicates that the service has been canceled.
Free vs. fee
There are already several free credit score check sites like Credit Karma can check the scores of TransUnion, TransUnion is also necessary to register it? There are several reasons:
- Registered Credit Karma time, will ask a few questions about personal credit history. But TransUnion data sometimes fail, so these problems will not be able to get the answer (because the answer is simply wrong). The Credit Karma’s policy is that if the answer is wrong, then they have to wait 30 days to test the second time (in case someone posing as registered). So before registering Credit Karma, TransUnion better go find out their information in order to ensure that the Credit Karma was able to answer the question.
- Credit Karma and sometimes appear to TransUnion scores are not the same situation (TransUnion to score lower), while banks with a score given by TransUnion (instead of Credit Karma) of. So it is best used once every 6-12 months TransUnion offers, then canceled.
- TransUnion due for a fee, will provide more detailed credit reports and credit monitoring, to their credit history is concerned, might as well long-term retention TransUnion.
In Canada, maintaining a good credit score and credit history, really important. And with a good credit history in order to better to pull out a credit card more wool. Readers have not used it registered as soon as possible.
TransUnion addition to the 7-day trial offer of $ 1, there are a discount is $ 4.95 for one month, as the registration process. TransUnion $ 4.95 discount registration page