Updated on July 18th, 2021
In Canada, It is always a good idea to know about your credit report, read though it and understand it, call the credit bureau in case you find any error.
There are many ways to get credit score.
Request your credit report from Equifax and TransUnion
- Advantages: Free
- Drawbacks: need to fill up a form and fax, after that you need to wait for the mail, Equifax and TransUnion won’t give you credit score, only credit report
Register Equifax and TransUnion accounts
- Advantages: you get all your information instantly.
- Drawbacks: cost money, it is recurrent payment on your credit card until you call to cancel.
Free online service
- https://www.borrowell.com, check Equifax score, it only shows credit score but not credit report, update every 3 months.
- https://www.creditkarma.ca, check TransUnion, it shows both credit score and credit report, update every 7 days.
You don’t need TransUnion after Credit Karma. However Borrowell can’t replace Equifax, so you should still go get a credit report.